Although, we wish we could claim the creative rights to this recipe, alas, it is not our own. The full credit for this deliciously unique beer recipe goes to Jackie Dodd — one of our favorite food & beer bloggers and extremely talented photographer and social media maven best known as "The Beeroness." Check out Jackie's blog "The Beeroness — Craft Beer, Freshly Baked" and follow her on Twitter @TheBeeroness!!!
Photo Credit: Jackie Dodd
Chocolate Mint Stout Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Bison Organic Chocolate Stout
- 7 ounces of 60% dark chocolate with peppermint oil (such as Dark Chocolate Mint from Green & Blacks), broken into chunks
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
1. In a pot over medium high heat, add the milk, mint leaves cream and stout. Bring to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat, remove and discard mint leaves, and stir in the chocolate until melted.
2. In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks and the sugar, whisk until well combined. Slowly add the chocolate milk, whisking continually, until about 1/2 the mixture has been added to the egg yolks. Add the egg yolk mixture back into pot, whisk until well combined. Return pot to heat and bring to a mild simmer.
3. Refrigerator until chilled, about 3 hours.
4. Churn in ice cream maker according to manufactures directions. Chill until firm.